LL-L: "Online resources" LOWLANDS-L, 29.DEC.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 17:06:22 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 29.DEC.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Online resources

Dear Lowlanders,

(1)
I have updated our Scots and Low Saxon (Low German) links pages
(http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm) by
adding a few new links and by removing dead links.  (It is amazing how many
fly-by-night online resources there are -- here today, gone tomorrow.)  Please
let me know if you have any links to add to these pages and to the other links
pages.  I will get to the other links pages in due time.  Suggestions are
always welcome, and this goes for all Lowlands-L-sponsored pages.

(2) Our Lowlands-L welcome (http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/)
is currently available in English, Appalachian, Mainland Scots, Ulster Scots,
Shetlandic, Westerlauwer ("West") Frisian, Sater (East) Frisian, Mooring
Mainland North Frisian, Amrum Insular North Frisian, Stellingwerven Low Saxon
(Low German), Northern Low Saxon (Low German), Mennonite Low Saxon (Low
German), Zeelandic, Dutch, Afrikaans and Limburgish.  There is an open
invitation to contribute versions in further Lowlandic language varieties.
Right off the top of my head I can rattle down a wish list: Gullah/Geechee,
Hawaiian Creole, any other Frisian variety, any other Low Saxon (Low German)
variety (especially Westphalian, Eastphalian, East Frisian, Twente, Drenthe,
Groningen), Western Flemish, any distinctive language varieties of the British
Isles ...  The list could go on.  Recently a couple of speakers of Groningen
Low Saxon and a speaker of Western Flemish from France joined us.  Yeah!
Welcome, folks!  How about a little translation work as a debut with a
splash?  Just take any of the available sources, translate it, and send the
text to me.  I will then make it into a page.

Thanks and regards,