LL-L: "Administrativa" LOWLANDS-L, 07.FEB.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 16:16:55 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 07.FEB.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: john feather <johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Songs

Sandy mentioned "Wap an Rowe" again. I previously suggested that these words
might mean "warp and weft" and that the song depended on double entendre.
Are both these ideas definitely wrong?

Ron mentioned "Au clair de la lune". I only know two verses, and I can't
imagine Mr Jenkins, our French teacher, making us learn anything rude.
Is/are there more?

John Feather johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk