LL-L: "Online resources" LOWLANDS-L, 03.JAN.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 23:39:44 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 03.JAN.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Jasmin Harvey [jharvey at ucla.edu]
Subject: "Platt" online

Dear Lowlanders,

I just got a copy of a page entitled "Plattduets in't Internet - Geiht dat?
Dat geiht! Uns Spraak is international" from a friend in Germany.  I'm not
sure where she got it from; there is no header or other notes.  The primary
site it mentions is http://www.on-online.de/  (ON = Ostfriesische
Nachrichten).  A few other points from the copy before me:

Well will, de kann ok over't Internet Plattduets lern:
www.radiobremen.de/rbtext/rb3/rb3-home.htm

Literatur ut Ostfreesland un up Platt is enmal unner www.diesel-online.de

En goden Startsiet foer plattduetske Musik in't Internet is de
www.plattplanet.de

Heel ut Amerika kummt dit Siet:
http://www.members.aol.com/gowindmill/index.html

(All above copied verbatim, with ue=umlaut u, oe=umlaut o).

It also mentions "us"
(www.geocities.com/Atherns/1615/rhahn/low-saxon/po.htm) as a resource,
hurray!  I apologize, Ron, if these links mentioned above are already in
the online resources page.  There are more sites mentioned in the article.
If anyone wants to see the full 8.5x11 page, please contact me and I'll
make and send you a copy.

Jasmin Harvey
Germanic Linguistics, UCLA
jharvey at ucla.edu

----------

From: Lowlands-L Administrator [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Online resources

Thanks for the information above, Jasmin.

We have a special, extensive and recently updated list of links to online
presentations in or about Low Saxon (Low German) at
<http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_neddersassisch.htm>.
There is another one at
<http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/low-saxon/po.htm> (under <"Plat(t)
Online" sites>). It is extensive and pretty much up-to-date yet somewhat
selective, excluding only a few sites, for instance those that are unreliable
(i.e., those that are frequently unavailable or constantly moving).  I am
curious to know if the list you have -- and it sounds as though it is a hardcopy
-- is any more extensive.

We have similar lists for the other Lowlands languages (except Limburgish, of
which we do not have an intro page either).  You can access them from
<http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm>.

Best regards,

Reinhard/Ron Hahn