LL-L: "Web resources" LOWLANDS-L, 09.JAN.2000 (01) [E/S]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 19:58:54 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 09.JAN.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: OleStig Andersen [osa at olestig.dk]
Subject: Web-ressource

Dear Lowlanders

At the address

http://www.olestig.dk/skotland/welcome.html

you'll find a one-hour radioprogramme on Scots and Gaelic and language
endangerment, first broadcast in Oct 99.

It is in Danish (of course) though all the interviewees in the programme
speak English, one of them even Scots (which is somewhat understandable
for Danes) and a token of Gaelic (which is absolutely unrecognizable).

There is also an article on the Scottish language situation (in Danish)
from Danish Radios monthly magazine.

This is not an attempt to have you read Danish, so the above listed
webpage is in English. Just for your information.

I felt an obligation to announce this web ressource, since I have had
invaluable help with research and recordings in Scotland via Lowlands-L.
It all began precisely a year ago now.

Thank you all.

Ole Stig

PS. There is also another long Danish Radio documentary from Scotland
online. But it is about the Creation of the Loch Ness Monster, so that's a
bit off topic, not?

I am looking forwards to comments from those of you who might know or try
the Danish.

Ole Stig Andersen

osa at olestig.dk
http://www.olestig.dk
phone +45 3534 3845

----------

From: OleStig Andersen [osa at olestig.dk]
Subject: CORRECTION: re Web-ressource

Dear Lowlanders

Correction
I gave the address
http://www.olestig.dk/skotland/welcome.html
for Danish Radio programme on Scottish languages.

But if you use that adress, you wil have problems navigating the site. (I
haven't learnt to apply frames correctly it seems.)

Use instead:
http://www.olestig.dk/skotland

Sigh!

Ole Stig