LL-L: "Online resources" LOWLANDS-L, 19.JAN.2000 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 05:43:52 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.JAN.2000 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Online resources

Dear Lowlanders,

The old lists of Low Saxon / Low German associations we compiled a while ago are
now obsolete.  In their place is a new group of lists in the making, entitled
"Nu is de Welt platt!"*  The purpose is to list as many associations (including
clubs, institutes, libraries, etc.) as possible in as many places as possible so
as to facilitate networking.  There is an introduction and an appeal in Low
Saxon (both North Saxon and Mennonite Low German) as well as in English, Dutch,
German, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian.  (Thanks to several helpers,
including subscribers to this list, all mentioned at the bottom of the first
page.)

You will find the page here:
http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/low-saxon/plattewelt.htm

I welcome suggestions, and I would be very happy and grateful if some of you
gave me addresses and details about associations that are not yet listed.  You
can write to me at sassisch at yahoo.com.

Thanks, and best regards,
Reinhard/Ron

* P.S.: As some of you may know, Low Saxon _platt_ means 'flat', 'Low
Saxon/German' and 'surprised'.  Who can blame a guy for playing around with it?
Almost on a weekly basis do I receive email messages from folks in Northern
Germany who express amazement about the fact that "their" "little" language is
considered and even used in other countries, even as far away as _över 't grote
Water_.