LL-L: "Online resources" LOWLANDS-L, 26.JAN.2000 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 17:33:25 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 26.JAN.2000 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Online resources

Dear Lowlanders,

I wrote:

> <...>
>
> > I have updated our Dutch links list
> > (<http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_nederlands.htm>)

> > accordingly.
> >
> > Other lists of links are to be found at
> > <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm>.
>
> A List subscriber kindly alerted me to the fact that he got a "403 Forbidden

> error" when he tried to access these pages.  I just tried it myself, and the

> same happened.  I assume the Yahoo! server is down.  Let's wait and see what

> happens.  Please let me know if anyone has a suggestion.

I'm happy to announce that the server is back up, and you can now access the
said pages and other Lowlands-L pages.

Also, I'm happy to announce that I was able to persuade Robert Beard to take
Low Saxon (Low German) references out of his German section and give it its
own category at his splendid online dictionary site at
<http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/diction.html>.  However, so far the
only online dictionary in that section is Herman Rempel's excellent Mennonite
Low German (Plautdietsch) and English dictionary ("Kjenn Jie Noch
Plautdietsch?") at <http://www.mennolink.org/doc/lg/index.html>.

Best regards,