LL-L: "Language varieties" LOWLANDS-L, 27.MAR.2000 (01) [D]

Ian James Parsley parsley at highbury.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 19:41:10 UTC 2000

Stefaan,

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on the issue, but I did do an essay last
year on the Iberian-based creoles used in Curacao and northern Venezuela.
There is certainly no doubt the creoles are still regularly spoken in
Curacao, and are actually in quite a strong position, especially as a
trading language.

I'm pretty sure there's more info on the Net, but I could pass on my list of
references (if I can find it!) if necessary.

Best wishes,