LL-L: "Administrativa" LOWLANDS-L, 31.MAY.2000 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 17:45:36 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 31.MAY.2000 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: FryskeRie Friesenrat [fryskerie at altavista.com]
Subject: LL-L: "Administrativa" LOWLANDS-L, 29.MAY.2000 (02) [E]

Hi Ron, hi everyone!

> Furthermore, I ask those of you who know these languages how to say
> "Limburgish" in Bökingharde North Frisian (Frasch) and Amrum North Frisian
> (Öömrang).

Frasch (Bökingharde NF): Limburgsch

> Finally, it is regrettable that we do not have a version in East Frisian,
> namely in  Sater(land) Frisian, the only surviving group of East Frisian
> varieties (preserved in an enclave outside Eastern Friesland).  Is any of
> you able to provide a translation, or does any of you know of anyone who
> might be able to help us?

Actually, I'm working on a Sater Frisian translation.

Hartelijke groet,
Henk Wolf

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativa

Henk wrote:

> Actually, I'm working on a Sater Frisian translation.

Oh, goody!  Thanks, Henk.  It's so great to have you back on board!

Folks, after his lengthy absence it's a pleasure to (re-)introduce to you Henk
Wolf, the good _makker_ ('mate', 'buddy') of mine who started Lowlands-L with
me in the beginning of 1995.  Henk currently lives in Ljouwert/Leeuwarden,
Fryslân, The Netherlands.  He is multilingual, on the Lowlands side of things
with fluency in Dutch and Westerlauwers Frisian and lately increasing
proficiency in Bökingharde North Frisian (_Frasch_) and East Frisian (Sater
Frisian, _Seeltersk_), not to mention all the Low Saxon (Low German) he's been
picking up from me and others.  Among other things, Henk has been very active
in promoting Frisian awareness and proficiency among young people and in
connecting young Frisians with young people of other ethnic and linguistic
European minorities.

Friendly regards,