LL-L: "Language planning" LOWLANDS-L, 07.OCT.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 14:31:36 UTC 2000

  L O W L A N D S - L * 07.OCT.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: john feather [johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk]
Subject: Help needed

Nigel raised some very interesting points. But were we ever told why the
question was being raised? Given that hotels are frequented by travellers
and widely staffed by people who do not speak/read the majority language of

the country in which they work this is surely an ideal case for a
standardised symbol.

John Feather johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk