LL-L: "Pronunciation" LOWLANDS-L, 01.SEP.2000 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 18:12:00 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 01.SEP.2000 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Morado3197 at aol.com
Subject: LL-L: "Pronunciation" LOWLANDS-L, 01.SEP.2000 (01) [E]

Hello,
 Is there anybody else who finds the idea of generalizing Germans as 'grumpy'
etc.because their language pronunciation makes them so, utterly childish? When
you speak German, you can still smile when pronouncing any
'Umlaut'..Just try... If the context of a conversation is a serious  one, you
keep your countenance 'serious', just as if and when you are delivering a
formal address, or  discourse.
And yes, I am fluent in German.
Best regards,
Lila Honsberg at morado3197 at aol.com