LL-L "Administrativa" 2001.12.19 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 20:12:09 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.DEC.2001 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

Lowlands-L will be on hiatus (i.e., will shut down temporarily) beginning
Christmas Day (December 25) and ending New Year's Day (January 1).  I will
process the last posting submissions on Christmas Eve (December 24) late in
the day North American West Coast Time (which will be some time on Christmas
Day for some of you).  I will resume processing submissions again late on
January 1 or some time on January 2, unless there is a serious delay in my
return from Florida.

Please do not hesitate to send in your submissions during this hiatus (to
lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org).  I will process them right after my
return.  Please also remember that there are still a few days until the
beginning of the hiatus, plenty of time to write to Lowlands-L or to me.

I am happy to welcome a few new subscribers from various parts of the world.
For their benefit and for the benefit of everyone else who is new to posting
messages on Lowlands-L, let me draw your attention to our rules and
guidelines:
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html

I encourage you all to consider breaking the monotony of lurking by daring to
post, sharing your knowledge or resources, or asking questions you have been
holding on to.  Please do not let fear of other people's supposed "expertise"
stand in your way.

I hope our subscribers in and from Belgium and the Netherlands enjoyed their
Sinterklaas Day (December 6), and our Buddhist friends had a joyous Bodhi Day
(Rohatsu, December 8).  I also hope that our Moslem and Jewish subscribers had
a wonderful time among their loved ones during this year's `Id al-Fitr
(December 16) and Chanukkah (December 10-17) respectively.  On behalf of
Lowlands-L, I wish everyone else Happy Winter Solstice (December 21),
Christmas, Kwanzaa (December 26), and New Year.  Oh, and an especially
boisterous Hogmaney to our Scottish friends this New Year!  I had what the
Queen once called an "annus horribilis" and am hoping for a much smoother ride
in 2002.

Friendly regards and sincere wishes to all of you during this festive season,
as Lowlands-L approaches the completion of its sixth year.

Reinhard "Ron" Hahn
Lowlands-L