LL-L: "Frisian" LOWLANDS-L, 04.FEB.2001 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 04:06:00 UTC 2001

  L O W L A N D S - L * 04.FEB.2001 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Catherine Buma [cpunzy at hotmail.com]
Subject: LL-L: "Frisian" LOWLANDS-L, 04.FEB.2001 (04) [E]

>Perhaps these are the *Frisian* people that you have heard about
>in Russia?
>Cheers!
>Reuben Epp

Reuben (and other Lowlanders)

Thank you for the reply; it was very informative.

The only aspect of the conversation that I had with my mother that seems to

throw a little doubt as to this theory being the answer to my question is
the following:

My mother was aware that Mennonites existed in Russia, (or thereabouts) but

stressed that the Frisians in Russia that she was referring to spoke fluent

Frisian.

Then again perhaps it is the story of the Mennonites in Russia that got
exaggerated by the Frisian community here in Canada, qui sais?

Thanks again and take care.

Catherine Buma