LL-L: "Offline resources" LOWLANDS-L, 05.FEB.2001 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 00:52:29 UTC 2001

  L O W L A N D S - L * 05.FEB.2001 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Roger Thijs [roger.thijs at euro-support.be]
Subject: offline resources

It was announced some months ago, but I just got my copy today (for HFL
42.50) from the publisher "Van Corcum" in Assen, Nl. of:

Dr. G. H. Kocks, Woordenboek van de Drentse Dialecten, "Register
Nederlands-Drents"
ISBN 90 232 3649 1, xv + 312 pp. (clothbound)
It's a very condensed index (one word - to - just one word lemma's) but
very helpfull,
as the author states, quote in Dutch:
"... Iemand in Zeeland vindt nooit de Drentse woorden voor meisje als
hij niet weet dat hij moet zoeken bij wicht, deern of maagien..."

PS: This Index is a complement to the (Drents - Dutch):
"Woordenboek van de Drentse Dialecten"
by Dr. G. H. Kocks,
van Gorcum, Assen, Nl.
vol 1, A-L, 1996 ISBN 90 232 3176 7, lxix + 703 pp + map (clothbound)
vol 2, M-Z, 1997, ISBN 90 232 3177 5, viii+ pp 705-1504 + map
(clothbound)
set of the 2 vols, ISBN 90 232 3178 3

Regards,
Roger

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]

Thanks for the excellent information (above), Roger!

I have added the said item under "Modern Low Saxon" and "Dictionaries" to
our "A Beginners' Guide to Offline Language Materials: Low Saxon (Low
German)":

http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/low_saxon_offline.htm

Do you happen to know the prices of the Dutch-Drents volumes?

We have similar resource guides for other Lowlands languages
(http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/guides_offline.htm).
Additions depend primarily on Lowlands-L subscribers' contributions.