LL-L: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 03.JUL.2001 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 22:30:59 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 03.JUL.2001 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

And here is another new website that is dedicated to things Frisian, this one
especially to history and genealogy:
http://www.i-friesland.com

I have placed a link to the site onto our Frisian links list:
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_frysk.htm

I hope they will link back to Lowlands-L and to our lists of Frisian online
and offline resources.

Below my signature is the announcement from Andrea Buma, the webmaster of
i-Friesland.

***

Introducing i-Friesland.com

Launched 1 July 2001 to promote worldwide Frisian history and culture

Did you know that Charlemagne granted eternal freedom to the Frisian people
in 800 AD for "as long as the the wind blows from heaven and the child
cries, grass grows green and flowers bloom, as far as the sun rises and the
world stands"?

Visit and http://www.i-friesland.com and you can:

* Post your genealogical research or ask for assistance from
fellow i-Frieslanders in the discussion forum

* Learn more about the 2,000 years of fascinating history of
the ancient Frisian people

* Read stories by fellow i-Frieslanders about their
experiences: in immigrating to a new land, in living through the war, about
living in Friesland or East Friesland (NW Germany) - whatever is on their
hearts - and then please submit your own story to be posted!

* Leave your suggestions and comments in the guestbook.

NEW FEATURES COMING SOON:

* A huge list of links for those that want to delve deeper: on genealogy,
Frisian history, Frisian and Plattsdeutsch/Low Saxon language

* Some articles about to the East Frisians (for all those
Frisians around the world who don't know much about them!)

* More interesting history articles

* Information on the historical novel my sister Catherine and
I are working on set in the early medieval period - coming Spring 2002!