LL-L: "Online resources" LOWLANDS-L, 08.MAR.2001 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 20:45:16 UTC 2001

L O W L A N D S - L * 08.MAR.2001 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Online resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Thanks to a substantial contribution from Marco Evenhuis
(evenhuis at zeelandnet.nl), we now have a links list (Online Resource Guide) for
Zeelandic (Zeêuws, West Flemish, French Flemish). Marco also promised to get
us started on an offline resources list for Zeelandic, so I look forward to
presenting it sometime in the future.

I have started a links list (Online Resource Guide) for Limburgish.  I was
surprised to find a fair number of relevant pages presented in the
Netherlands, in Belgium and in Germany.  (In Germany they tend to refer to the
Limburgish dialects there generically as "Platt" -- which is also used Low
Saxon dialects and even for some German dialects -- though some people their
seem to be aware of their dialects being Limburgish.)

You can find the links pages for the various Lowlandic languages if you go to
our homepage (http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/) and then
click on the (now enlarged) links section halfway down the page.  You will
then find a list of language-specific pages to choose from.

Of course, web pages come and go.  Some turn out to be truly "fly by night,"
most notorious being those for Afrikaans, Low Saxon (Low German) and Scots.
So I constantly have to remove or change links, apart from adding new ones.
Your assistance would be appreciated.  You can always alert me of dead links,
changed links or new links by writing to me privately at sassisch at yahoo.com.

Furthermore, I would appreciate your help regarding another matter.  Would you
please translate the following into Afrikaans, Dutch, Frisian, Limburgish,
Scots and Zeelandic?

"Hello! We have added a link to your page/site on our list of links at {URL}.
We would appreciate if you would link back to this list and to our Lowlands-L
homepage ({URL}).  Thank you, and best wishes."

Please send the translations to me (sassisch at yahoo.com).

Thanks for the help.