LL-L "How do you say ...?" 2002.04.19 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 14:25:29 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.APR.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Mathieu. van Woerkom" <Mathieu.vanWoerkom at student.kun.nl>
Subject: How do you say [E, L]

Ron wrote:

> I wonder if _Wouf(s)reveer_ would not sound more natural in Limburgish.

Yes, maybe 'Reveer van de Wouf' sounds a little too much like a direct
translation of the French name 'Rivier du Loup'.
A better name would be 'Woufsreveer', considering that there are also
words
like 'woufsklauw' and 'woufshóndj' in Limburgish.

Regards,

Mathieu