LL-L "Resources" (was "Scots") 2002.04.19 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 15:10:20 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.APR.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Scots

I just wrote:

> * See Caoimhín's terrific site _Mion-chànanan na h-Eòrpa_ / _European
> Minority Languages_ with navigation in Scottish Gaelic (Gàidhlig) and
> English.

And I neglected to give you the URL:

Gaelic: http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/saoghal/mion-chanain/
English: http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/saoghal/mion-chanain/en/

A couple of you might like to get in touch with Caoimhín Ó Donnaíle
(caoimhin at smo.uhi.ac.uk) - and I am BCC'ing him - with regard to
Limburgish and Zeelandic.  Currently he lists Limburgish under "German
dialects" in the Gaelic version (Gearmailtis a'mheadhain), apparently
not at all in the English version, and he does not list Zeelandic
(Zeêuws)/Western Flemish at all.  I should think he would appreciate
your input.

Please see also the following relevant pages:
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_limburgs.html
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_zeeuws.html

Not to forget our own Mathieu van Woerkom's excellent resource page:
"Taal in Nederland" (Language in the Netherlands):
http://streektaal.cjb.net/