LL-L "Resources" 2002.04.25 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 16:58:13 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 25.APR.2002 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Szelog, Mike" <Mike.Szelog at CITIZENSBANK.com>
Subject: Frysk/Friesian - North Friesian

Hello all,

Though I've had access to e-mail on the internet for some time now, I am
fairly new to the 'regular' internet. My purpose of this posting is to
hopefully avoid an exhaustive search - I was just wondering if anybody
might
know if there are any "web radio" sites that would offer broadcasts in
Friesian or North Friesian? I would also be interested in any other Low
German/Lowland Language broadcasts. If there is a source where such
stations
are identified for easy access, could someone please point me in the
right
direction.

Thanking you in advance,

Mike Szelog
Manchester, NH - USA
*****This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If
you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any
record
of this message.*****

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Mike,

Take a look at our online resource guides:
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm

It so happens that today I added a new link to the Low Saxon (Low
German) list, to a site that lists Low Saxon (Low German) online radio
programs in Germany:
Plattdeutsche Radiosendungen im Internet: von Holstein bis zum
Niederrhein
http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~rauch/plattradio.html

As usual in Germany (although the compiler lives in the US), Limburgish
(a separate language from Low Saxon in the Netherlands) has been lumped
together with Low Saxon under the (for some of us offensive) catch-all
label _Platt_, specifically as _Niederrheinisches Platt_ (Lower Rhine
Low German).  So I have added a separate link to our Limburgish list to:
tösse sess an söwe [Between Six and Seven]
(Limburgish (_Kleefs Platt_) radio broadcast, Cleves (Kleve), Germany)
http://www.plattradio.de/