LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.08.14 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Aug 14 20:08:16 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 14.AUG.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>, Email: <admin at lowlands-l>

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

Since my last administrative message on Monday, August 12, we have been
joined by some more "New Lowlanders" and one returning one.  Welcome to
all of them!  They live in the following places:

Brazil:
   São Paulo
      São Paulo [1]
Canada:
   Ontario:
      Kitchener [1]
   Saskatchewan:
      Saskatoon [1]
Domenican Republic:
   ? [1]
Indonesia:
   DKI Jakarta:
      Jakarta [1]
Malaysia:
   Kelantan:
      Kota Bharu [1]
Netherlands:
   Groningen:
      Groningen [1]
   Zuid-Holland:
      Barendrecht [1]
      Leiden [1]
Netherlands Antilles:
   Curaçao:
      Montana [1]
Philippines:
   Lanao del Sur:
      Marawi City [1]
United Kingdom:
   England:
      London:
         London [1]
United States of America:
   North Carolina:
      Lewisville [1]
   Texas:
      Lubbock [1]
   Utah:
      Centerville [1]
   Washington:
      East Wenatchee [1]

As of right this moment, we have 412 subscribers.

Please let me remind everyone of the rules and guidelines. They can be
accessed in English, Dutch, Limburgish and Low Saxon from our homepage
(http://www.lowlands-l.net).  Especially, I need to remind people of
these rules:

(1) No anonymous or semi-anonymous posting
    [If you find someone's name in brackets at the end, it was I who
    added it, and I will give this hint only so many times before I
    ignore consistent offenders' submissions.]

(2) Only one topic per posting

(3) Stay with the subject line.

Looking at the line-up of places above, I am reminded to point out that
we are very much interested in language contacts involving Lowlands
languages (e.g., Indian, Malaysian and Filipino English, Indonesian
Dutch and Petjoh, the languages of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba,
etc.).

We are currently working on "Lowlands Talk", a series of brief online
introductions to the Lowlands languages, and we would love to include
contact languages like those mentioned above.  Anyone interested in
helping with writing and/or translating should write to me at
<sassisch at yahho.com>.  Especially needed are people who are willing to
help translate the introductions into Portuguese and French.

Friendly regards to all of you.