LL-L "Help needed" 2002.02.22 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 17:34:31 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 22.FEB.2002 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Henry Baron" <baro at calvin.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Help needed" 2002.02.22 (05) [A/E]

TO: Mathieu van Woerkom

Roderick Jellema has two volumes of Frisian poetry in translation: "Country
Fair: Poems from Friesland since 1945" and "The Sound That Remains: A
Historical
Collection of Frisian Poetry."  Both volumes unfortunately are out of print.
But it's likely that you can purchase a used copy of one or the other.  Check
with chogeterp at reduxbooks.com.
You may also be interested in Bernard J. Fridsma's "A Short Survey of Frisian
History, The Frisian Movement, Frisian Literature," available from the Calvin
College Bookstore (1-800-748-0122); they'll accept credit card orders.  They
may
also still have copies of Tineke Steenmeijer-Wielenga's "A Garden Full of
Song:
Frisian Literature in Text and Image."
More background material on Friesland is available, should you be interested.
Freonlike groetnis,

Henry Baron

***
From: "Mathieu. van Woerkom" <Mathieu.vanWoerkom at student.kun.nl>
Subject: Help needed

Dear Lowlanders,

Yesterday I received the e-mail below of a Canadian looking for a book about
Frisian poetry. Does anyone know where to obtain this book?

> I have recently been to the English portion of your website.
> My wife's mother is from Friesland, now living in Canada with
> Dutch husband.  I thought it would be important for my children
> (and my wife for that matter) to have some understanding of
> their heritage.  It appears that she knows nothing of it and
> can't teach the children anything about their roots.  You
> listed a book that I am searching for on your web-site.
> I would like to obtain a copy, but don't know where I might
> find a copy.  Rod Jellema (ISBN - 0-8028-0411-X), is the author.
> Would you be kind enough to give me an idea of where I might
> find a source for this book please?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jim Jütte

Mathieu van Woerkom