LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.01.16 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 15:59:53 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.JAN.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

Does any of you have the address <jri at kip.cs.stir.ac.uk> as secondary, or does
any of you know who does?  Lately the UK mail delivery system
<Mailer-Daemon at dsvr.co.uk> has been sending me several error messages "not
reached for any host" for each LL-L I send out.  However, the address
<jri at kip.cs.stir.ac.uk> is not subscribed to LL-L.  I assume someone has been
using it as an alias or rerouting address.  This is becoming tedious and
annoying, and I could do with some advice as to how to stop this.  Please
write to me privately (sassisch at yahoo.com) if you can help.

Please, if you involve another, not officially subscribed address and decide
to unsubscribe, make sure that this sort of thing does not happen.

Also, instead of unsubscribing themselves or at least asking me to unsubscribe
them, some former members have simply blocked the LL-L address, which resulted
in tons of error messages arriving in my mailbox.  This is extremely rude and
inconsiderate, considering that it is easy to get unsubscribed.  (See the
rules: http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html).  I keep a
black list of those rude and inconsiderate people and will certainly not
readmit them to the List should they reapply (which so far has occurred
once).  We sure can do without people who consider themselves above basic
etiquette and courtesy.

Thanks for your consideration and support.