LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.07.16 (01) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 16:15:29 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.JUL.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: "Reuben Epp" <repp at silk.net>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.07.15 (11) [E]

>From Reuben Epp <repp at silk,net>
Subject: LL-L "Language Varieties"

Dear Lowlanders,

Ron has answered Gabrielle's question regarding the
identity of Plautdietsch rather well. So the definition needs
no further help from me.

The book that Ron recommends is available in Germany
from Peter Wiens of Plautdietsch-Freunde at Oerlinghausen,
near Bielefeld, at the following address:

mailto:info at plautdietsch-freunde.de

Cheers!

Reuben Epp

----------

From: globalmoose at t-online.de (Global Moose Translations)

Dear Ron,

thanks for the prompt service. :-)

During my time in the USA, I had heard more than once that Plautdietsch
- of
which I knew no samples then - was derived from Southern
German/Alemannic
dialects. So either my sources (which I cannot now remember) confused
something here, or I did. In any case, I stand corrected.

Greetings,
Gabriele Kahn