LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.07.16 (09) [D/E/L/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 23:02:28 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.JUL.2002 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: Évery-Day'y-Influence

Hi, Ron, LL-L's,

my submission in LL-L has been dated about three months ago.

Something about it's result:

(1) I'm able to read even Scots, besides even mentioning Flemish or
Dutch
(2) I'm beginning  to find some ways to the Friesian languages
(3) My next neighbour and me just talk to each other in OUR "Low Saxon"
dialect, as we decided, we wanted/intended to do already years ago, but
never found the way to it
(4) my youngest son (7) is, different to the times before LL-L, able to
understand our talks, doesn't quarrel about our way to speak.

Some input has to come from America, obviously, even to "Kehdingen"!
It's
ridicoulos, isn't it?
Polite and personal regards to all of You, being engaged at this table!

Fiete

----------

To: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Fiete,

> my submission in LL-L has been dated about three months ago.

And are you willing to tell us which one it was?

I'm very happy to hear about the positive results.  I hope other members
have had similarly positive experiences as a result of their exposure to
all of this "Lowlands Talk."

> Some input has to come from America, obviously, even to "Kehdingen"!
> It's ridicoulos, isn't it?

Not really ridiculous to *me*, considering what I said earlier about our
shrinking world, shrinking thanks to previously unknown levels of
mobility (and motility?) and previously unimaginable means of
communication.  Emigrants no longer disappear into the blue yonder.
Having seen the cage from the outside, they sometimes rematerialize to
haunt peope in the old country and bite them in their behinds.  :)

OK. A change of gears ...

Folks,

Far be it from me to want to unnecessarily stifle people creative
freedom, but I am sending below another *friendly* reminder of a certain
part of the rules and regulations quite a few of you do not seem to be
familiar with or have forgotten about.

===quote===

Keep subjects separate.
Do not submit a single posting in which more than one topic is
discussed. ("Topic" equals "subject line".) This also applies when you
respond to other people's postings.

Stick to the subject title.
If you start an entirely new discussion, you are welcome to create your
own subject title. The administrator may or may not adopt that title.
(The more general the title is the better is the chance that he/she will
adopt it; otherwise he/she will generalize it.) If you respond or add to
already existing title of that discussion threat as your subject
heading. For instance, if the current title is "Language varieties" and
you respond to what someone wrote about vowels in Flemish dialects,
don't choose something like "Long o and u in the dialects of Southern
Flanders and speech habits of young Belgians" as your subject heading;
stick to "Language varieties," if you like it or not. This facilitates
sorting submissions at the administrative end. If the administrator
feels that the discussion has changed or a new discussion has branched
off an existing one, it is the his/her job to give it a new title.

===

Houdt onderwerpen gescheiden.
Stuur nooit één enkel bericht met meerdere onderwerpen, maar houdt ze
gescheiden. Dit geldt ook als u antwoordt op andermans bericht.

Houdt u aan de onderwerptitel.
Indien u een nieuwe discussie bent begonnen, kunt u uw eigen
onderwerptitel bedenken. De beheerder kan deze titel echter wel
wijzigen, omdat titels zo algemeen mogelijk dienen te zijn. Als u
antwoordt op andermans bericht, houdt u dan aan de bestaande titel
("subject line"). Bijvoorbeeld; is de huidige titel "Language varieties"
en u antwoordt op wat iemand heeft geschreven over klinkers in Vlaams
dialect, kies dan geen titel zoals "Long o and u in the dialects of
Southern Flanders and speech habits of young Belgians". Houdt het dan
maar op "Language varieties", ook als u dat niets vindt. Dit maakt het
beheren van de lijst namelijk makkelijker. Als de beheerder ziet dat de
discussie is veranderd of dat een nieuwe discussie is ontstaan, is het
aan de beheerder om de nieuwe titel te geven.

===

Haud óngerwerpe epaart.
Gebroek noets ein inkel berich woe-in geer mie es ein óngerwerp
aanreurt. Dit geldj ouch went geer antwaord geuf op angermans berichte.

Haud uch aan de óngerwerptittel.
Went geer ein gans nuuj diskussie aanvink, maogt geer eur eige
óngerwerptittel bedinke. De eigenaer kin aevel waal de tittel verangere
(wie algemeiner de tittel, wie baeter). Went geer antwaort op angermans
berich, haud uch den aan de besjtaonde tittel ("subject line").
Bieveurbild, wen de huijige tittel is 'Language varieties' en geer
antwoard op get waat emes hauw gesjreve euver klinkers in Vlaams dialek,
kees den neet zoe get wie 'Long o and u in the dialects of Southern
Flanders and speech habits of young Belgians' es berichtittel; haud uch
aan 'Language varieties', ouch went geer 't neet gevilt. Dit maak 't
gemekkeliker veur de adminnesjtrasie van de lies. Wen de eigenaer zuut
det de diskussie is verangerd of det ein nuuj diskussie is óntsjtange,
is 't aan häöm/häör 't ein nuuj tittel de gaeve.

===

Themen utenannerhooln.
Een enkelten Bidrag schull nich över mehr as een Thema sien. (,,Thema",
,,subject title" un ,,subject line" sünd dat Sülvige.) Düt deit ok denn
gellen, wenn 'n up Berichten und Anfragen vun annere Liddmaten antert.

Bi 't Thema blieven.
Wenn 'n mit 'n nee Saak anfangt, denn dröff 'n driest sien egenen
Thematitel (,,subject title") maken. Dat is denn man bloots 'n Vörslag.
Kann wesen, dat de Verwalter em annimmt; kann ok wesen, dat he de nee
Diskusschoon 'n annern Titel gifft. Wo allgemeener 'n Titel is wo beter
is de Schangs, dat de Verwalter em annimmt; wenn nich, denn maakt he em
allgemeener. Wenn 'n 'n Reaktschoon up wat schrifft, wat al ünner 'n
bestimmten Titel rutkamen is, denn schull 'n bi düssen Titel blieven.
Wenn, to'n Bispill, de Titel ,,Language varieties" (,,Spraakvarianten")
is, un 'n hett daar wat bitobottern, wat 'n anner Liddmaat över
Sülvstluden in flaamsche Dialekten schreven harr, denn schull 'n keen
Titel so as "Long o and u in the dialects of Southern Flanders and
speech habits of young Belgians" (,,Lang o un u in de Dialekten vun
Süüdflannern un de Spraakwennsten vun junge Belgiers") bruken. Nee. Een
schull bi'n Titel (in düsse Fall ,,Language varieties") blieven, ok
denn, wenn 'n dat nich so recht to Pass kümmt. Wenn 'n bi'n Titel
blifft, denn kann de Verwalter de Bidrääg' lichtfardiger sorteern. Wenn
de Verwalter meent, dat Thema is 'n neen Padd langsgahn, denn is dat
sien egene Saak dat 'n nee Thema to geven.

===end quote===