LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.06.09 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 17:48:28 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 09.JUN.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

I am pleased to send a special welcome to those of you who joined us
since Friday, June 7.  They are in Belgium (Antwerp), Iran (Tehran),
Scotland (Ayr), South Africa (Barberton, Mpumalanga; Wynberg, Cape
Town), Turkey (Fethiye) and the United States of America (Waverly,
Iowa).

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that they are
expected to be familiar with the rules and guidelines posted here:
http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html

Because of recent signs of apparent misunderstanding, I must stress that
following the proceedings on Lowlands-L is bound to increase knowledge
of and about the various languages but is not intended to serve as
language teaching per se.  If you wish to learn one of these languages,
you ought to enroll in courses or follow a self-taught course and use
Lowlands-L to deepen your understanding by reading what people write or
by asking specific questions.  I am happy to have private contacts with
you.  However, if you have language questions, please direct them at the
List, not at me personally and privately.  I certainly would like to
help you individually, but you must understand that I do not have the
time and energy, or in many cases the knowledge, to do so.  If you have
relevant questions, please direct them at the List by sending them to
the following address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

To search for suitable sources, please check here:
Online: http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm
Offline: http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/lowlands-links.htm

Before you ask any question you ought to check the Lowlands-L archive
(http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lowlands-l.html) to see if
the same question has been asked and answered earlier.  To search by
keywords in the texts you need to check the box "Substring".

Thank you all!