LL-L "Language samples" 2002.06.26 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 00:20:57 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 26.JUN.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Glenn Simpson <westwylam at YAHOO.CO.UK>
Subject: Language Samples

The modern Northumbrian language sample - I'm fascinated by some of the
similarities between my language & others. It would be great if some of
this could be put together in some sort of publication.

ENGLISH -   Northumbrian
001: I, me - I, me
002: you - yhay
003: we - we
004: this - this
005: that - thet, thad
006: who - wee
007: what - whet
008: not - not, nod
009: all - aal
010: many - menny
011: one - wern
012: two - two
013: big - muckle
014: long - lang
015: small - smaal
016: woman - wumin
017: man - man
018: person - porson
019: fish - fish
020: bird - bord
021: dog - dog, durg
022: louse - louse, loose
023: tree - tree
024: seed - seed
025: leaf - leaf
026: root - ruoot
027: bark - bark
028: skin - kin
029: flesh - flesh
030: blood - blood, blurd
031: bone - bane, burn
032: grease / oil - oil
033: egg - egg
034: horn - horn
035: tail - tail
036: feather - feather, feathah
037: hair - hi'er
038: head - heed
039: ear - ear, lug
040: eye - eye
041: nose - nose,
042: mouth - mooth
043: tooth - tooth, tuith
044: tongue - tongue
045: claw - claa
046: foot - foot
047: knee - knee
048: hand - hand, hend
049: belly - belly, gut, kite
050: neck - neck
051: breast(s) - breast, breest
052: heart - heart, hairt
053: liver - liver, livah
054: to drink - tu drink
055: to eat - tu eat
056: to bite - tu bite
057: to see - tu see
058: to hear - tu heor
059: to know - tu knaa
060: to sleep - tu sleep
061: to die - tu die
062: to kill - tu kill
063: to swim - tu swim
064: to fly - tu flee
065: to walk - tu waalk
066: to come - tu cyum or howay (come along)
067: to lie (down) - tu lie
068: to sit - tu sit, sid
069: to stand - tu stand, stan
071: to say - tu saya