LL-L "Help needed" 2002.03.01 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 00:47:08 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 01.MAR.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Holger Weigelt <platt at HOLGER-WEIGELT.DE>
Subject: LL-L "Help needed" 2002.02.28 (09) [E]

Hello Ron !

I believe the meaning of pt. 5 is what we in Eastern Friesland call "jük"
(German based orthogr.: Jück). The German equivalent is "Joch". It's a tool
for carrying loads, mostly buckets with water or milk, on ones shoulders.
But the word also means a somewhat similar tool used to harness animals
(oxes) to a plough or something like that.
In Eastern Friesland LS we know "dracht" or "draght (?)" meaning
traditional clothing.
The equivalent for German "eine Tracht Prügel" is "'n pak(je) haue".
But You might mention "draghsêl/en" (Drachseel/en) = braces (suspenders).

Kind regards
Holger