LL-L "Orthography" 2002.03.04 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 19:18:47 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 04.MAR.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Andy Eagle" <andy at scots-online.org>
Subject: LL-L "Orthography" 2002.03.03 (02) [E]

Rudi Vari wrote:

> Hallo Lowlanders, Ron
>
> All this correspondence about orthography inspired me to look for a
> practical
> system of spelling simplification. And would you believe it? I actually
> found
> something interesting. I used google to do a search on the word
> "guvrnmnt" and
> found 414 references.
>
> Have a look at URL http://answering-islam.org/Humor/humor1.html which is
> but one
> of them. The text is below for those of you who really are into this
> orthography
> business ;-)

<snip>

>Ze drems of ze Guvermnt vud finali
> hav kum tru. "
>
> If we applied similar rules to all the lowlands' languages, would they
> all be spelled and sound the same?

The text quotied has been around for a while and has nothing to do with
serious orthography reform.
Its anti European Union 'propaganda'. And by its nature anti German as
the
last sentence clearly shows. The kind of accent that Nazis in war films
were
given.

Andy Eagle