LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.03.19 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 20:40:53 UTC 2002

Oops!  This got away without the promised list.  Please find it below.
 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.MAR.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Lowlanders,

I have been reworking our welcoming webpages
(http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/) and now need your
help.

I would be grateful to you for checking the various language versions
for accuracy and send me (privately to sassisch at yahoo.com) any
instructions for changes.

I am hoping to add web forms for subscription applications in place of
the email application process we have now.  Mathieu van Woerkom has
already been very helpful in this regard.  I am currently making
relevant investigations and am familiarizing myself with CGI scripts.  I
have also registered for a two-day Perl/CGI crash-course in May.  I will
then convert the application instructions to an application form, and
the entered data will be sent to me as email messages.

What I need from you in the meantime are the various language
equivalents of "first name" ("given name," "forename"), "last name"
("surname"), and "Thank you (very much)!".  Please send them to me
(privately to sassisch at yahoo.com).  I will add these to the language
versions already before I install the forms.  So everyone will be able
to find them there, and there is no need to post them to the List.

To make it easier for you, I will add a list below.  Please fill in the
blanks or, if necessary, correct what I have inserted already, and then
just send me your part.  Your help and support are very much
appreciated.

Special thanks to Mathieu for nudging me and for sending me a draft form
for Limburgish.

***

English: 1. first name (given name), 2. last name (surname), 3. Thank
you (very much)!
Afrikaans: 1. voornaam, 2. van, 3. (Baie) Dankie!
Amrum Frisian (Öömrang): 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Appalachian: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Dutch: 1. voornaam, 2. familienaam, van, 3. Dank U (wel)!
Limburgish (General Written): 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Limburgish (Western, Vliermaal): 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Mennonite Low Saxon (Low German): 1. (Fernome?), 2. Hinjanome, 3.
(Dankscheen?)
Mooring Frisian (Frasch): 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Northern Low Saxon (Low German): 1. Vörnaam, 2. Nanaam, 3. Velen Dank!
Sater Frisian: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Shetlandic: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Stellingwerven Low Saxon: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Twente Low Saxon: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Ulster Scots: 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___
Westerlauwer ("West") Frisian: 1. foarnamme, 2. famyljenamme, fan, 3.
Tankewol! Tigetank!
Zeelandic (Zeêuws): 1. ___, 2. ___, 3. ___