LL-L "How do you say ...?" 2002.03.26 (08) [E/French]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 22:42:47 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 26.MAR.2002 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "W!M" <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "How do you say ...?" 2002.03.26 (06) [E]

Hi,
Comment on "Rivier van de Wolf" , in Dutch, that sounds awfully  like
translated Frensh...
How about "Wolfsrivier", "Wolfsvliet","Wolfsstroom", "Wolfsbeek", all
Dutch,
Wolfsbeek sounds the most normal as a rivername in my dutch ears, we
tend to
make things smaller in Dutch. If you need the river name for a story,
I'd
use the last one.
And that goes also for the Sint Laurents Rivier. But that's big so you
can't
use vliet & beek, and don't forget the T in some of the dialects.
Bye!

WIM. wkv at home.nl   (wim verdoold)