LL-L "Language contacts" 2002.05.14 (03) [E/S]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 20:01:10 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 14.MAY.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Gary Taylor <gary_taylor_98 at yahoo.com>

I'm from Southern England and have never heard of
'keek' - could it just be present in North English
dialects?
pps. could 'dunner' come from a Shetland/Orkney
varient of 'thunner', or would the latter be
pronounced 'tunner' there?

Gary