LL-L "Etymology" 2002.11.03 (03) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sun Nov 3 20:06:08 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 03.NOV.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Wim <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.11.02 (05) [S]

Hi,

About dry in scottish.

In my own northeastern dutch low saxon dialect. (Salland)  we say drög,
for dry (g pronounsed as ch in scottish loch)   Droog in dutch. Trokken
in german.  Is than any help?

Wim wkv at home.nl
[Wim Verdoold]