LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.11.13 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Nov 13 16:24:24 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 13.NOV.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativa

(1) New subscribers
(2) Rules and Guidelines
(3) Formating Responses
(4) Encoding

Dear Lowlanders,

Since my last administrative message (October 31) we have been joined by
several people from the following places:

Belgium:
   Limburg:
      Maasmechelen [1]
   V. Brabant:
      Leuven [1]
   ? [1]
Finland:
   Turku ja Pori:
      Turku [1]
India:
   Jharkand:
      Jamsedpur [1]
Germany:
   Schleswig-Holstein:
      Neustadt in Hostein [1]
Slovenia:
   Vrhnika:
      Vrhnika [1]
Sweden:
   Verstergötland:
      Hindsberg [1]
United Kingdom:
   England:
      Lancashire:
         Clitherroe [1]
      Nottinghamshire:
         Nottingham [1]
   Scotland:
      Fife:
         Kelty [1]
      Lothian:
         Edinburgh [1]
United States of America:
   Massachussetts:
      Cambridge [1]
   New York:
      New York [1]

(2) All subscribers are expected to be familiar with the List's Rules and
Guidelines (http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.htm).

(3) Please familiarize yourselves with the formating guidelines.  It is all
mentioned in the Rules and Guidelines (http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.htm).
Most important is that you credit the correct person for something you
respond to and quote.  Another important thing to remember is that just
hitting the "reply" button, not editing the quoted text, and writing a
response at the beginning (or end) just will not do.  In those cases I will
ignore (= delete) everything that dangles behind your response (masthead,
messages and footer), and this will make lots of people wonder what it is
you are responding to and what you are talking about, especially if you are
responding to it several days later.  Am I going to care and edit the quote
for you the way it ought to be (and is described in the Rules and
Guidelines) and the way your response would make sense? Nope!  It is also
important that your first and last name appear in your posting submission,
even if not in the same place.  If you find someone's name in square
brackets ([ ]), it was I who added it (because it was absent or incomplete.
I give these hints only so many times for each person and thereafter ignore
their posting submissions if they continue to omit their names.

(4) Our mailings are now encoded in Unicode.  If you have difficulties with
it, please check my posting at the following archive address:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0211A&L=lowlands-l&P=R2004
.  As you may have noticed, occasionally "special" characters in a person's
posting do not come out correctly.  This has something to do with that
person's settings.

Thanks for your continuing cooperation and support!
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Administrator, Lowlands-L
http://www.lowlands-l.net