LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.11.14 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Thu Nov 14 20:41:05 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 14.NOV.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Browne, Kevin at Astronaut BrowneK at brevard.k12.fl.us
Subject: language varities

Hoi allemaal,

I've found that proximity makes me feel guilty. When someone lives here
who speaks the language that I'm learning I always feel like I'm bothering
them. But unless they tell me so, I usually keep coming back to learn more,
....when I have time (that is a problem).

Kevin Browne

From: erek gass <egass at caribline.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.11.14 (01) [E]

When General Eisenhower (during the War) once used the word schedule (pron.
"skedyule") in the presence of Viscount Montgomery, the British General
mockingly askt where he'd learnt to pronounce the word that way.  Ike
retorted: "In school (pronouncing it "schule").