LL-L "Labels" 2002.11.16 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sat Nov 16 16:02:22 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.NOV.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: elsie zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.11.15 (03) [E]

Hi all!

Kevin Browne said: "thanks for the education on Afrikaner."

You don't know half the story :-)
I did not perceive your reference to Afrikaner as disrespectful
but thought some clarification might be insightful. We have
academics of all races who struggle incessantly to keep Afrikaans
as optional medium at some universities, and somehow this information
does not get filtered through the international media who still like to
project
Afrikaans as the language of white supremacists, as if a language is to
blame for supremacist notions of any color.

In lighter vein: What do Texans fear the most? A Yankee with a U-haul.

Groete,
Elsie Zinsser