LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.10.02 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sat Oct 5 19:11:34 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 05.OCT.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Ze?s)

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

Since yesterday's administrative message we have been joined by one person
from Cary, North Carolina, USA, and one person from Alva, Scotland.  Welcome
to them!

I want to remind everyone that our rules and guidelines must be understood
and are posted here: http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.htm

Our newly unveiled but far from completed series "Lowlands Talk" can be
accessed here: http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/.  Help would be appreciated.
Please also note the disclaimer that basically says that Lowlands-L holds no
official views and opinion but has room and appreciation for diversity, also
in the series "Lowlands Talk."

Please note that it is important to keep apart my two relevant email
addresses.  If you wish to communicate with me privately, please use my
private address: sassisch at yahoo.com.  If you wish to communicate with me
about administrative matters, such problems with the List or your accounts,
please use my administratie address: admin at lowlands-l.net.  (It is also
safest to send messages regarding "Lowlands Talk" to my *private* address,
since they can easily be construed as intended postings.)  Submissions for
List postings should go to lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org.  Some
people are still sending posting submissions to my private or administrative
addresses.  Please don't, unless you are a LL-L editor and have been
specifically instructed to do so for certain technical reasons.

Again (important):
* private: sassisch at yahoo.com
* administrative: admin at lowlands-l.net
* LL-L posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

If you pay attention to these distinctions, you do not only make my life
easier, but you will avoid situations in which I misconstrue private
communication as posting submissions.

Your cooperation would be much appreciated, as would be your forbearance and
your understanding that the running of Lowlands-L, though facilitated by
technological tools, relies mostly on human perception and action, and that
mistakes do happen.

Thanks, and best regards,