LL-L "Etymology" 2002.10.28 (08) [D/E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Oct 29 00:02:18 UTC 2002

Please disregard the preceding incomplete version. It escaped ... RFH
 L O W L A N D S - L * 28.OCT.2002 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Michael Arnold <marmanold at mac.com>
Subject: Origin of "Familie"

This is my first post! Anyways... I was in German class the other day when
we started a new "Thema" intitled Familie. I asked the instructor why we
didn't pronounce Familie the way it was spelt but rather like Familju. He
did not know. I know this doesn't really relate to any of the lowlands
languages, but I was hoping someone would know.

-Michael Arnold

From: Wim <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.10.28 (07) [E]

Hi!
There is also "blak" as in water that is totally calm, no wind, for
sailing. in my dialekt...salland netherlands.

Wim.   wkv at home.nl
[Wim Verdoold]