LL-L "Education" 2003.04.16 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Apr 16 14:36:55 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 16.APR.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Hamersma <jhamersma at fa.knaw.nl>
Subject: Network of bi- and trilingual schools (Education)

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to our Network of bi- and
trilingual primary schools in minority language communities around
Europe.

(http://www.mercator-education.org/default.asp?ObjectID=2094)

In this network we would like to create an inventory of bi- and
trilingual education around Europe. We started with West- and
Northfrisian in the Netherlands and Germany, Danish in Germany, German
in Denmark and Irish in Ireland.

Two weeks ago I and my colleague visited the German and Danish
borderregion. A travelaccount of this trip can also be found on our
website (www.mercator-education.org).

If you know of any 'good-practice' (a minority language has to be used
as a medium of instruction) bi- or trilingual school that would be
interested in joining our network, please let me know.

Best regards,

drs. J. Hamersma

Fryske Akademy /  Mercator-Education
Coulonhûs - Doelestraat 8