LL-L "Technica" 2003.08.08 (01) [E/LS/S]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Aug 8 14:47:16 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 08.AUG.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Sandy Fleming [sandy at scotstext.org]
Subject: "Technical"

Quotes from postings received this morning:

> > From: Holger Weigelt <platt at holger-weigelt.de>
> > Fan Dīn "Leeigvoaagel" heb ik no nōit höört un wäit ōk niks wat hum līk
> > lüd,
> > man as ik dat ēben lēsen dē, dō sğōt mī glīk in 't sin of dat
> wal wat mit
> > "dōdenfööğels" tau daun hebben kun - dat wassen dan katūlen of in anner
> > brūk
> > ōk wal swârt róven of krājen. (?)

> P.S.: Incidentally, Yiddish for 'robot' is גולמאט _golmat_ (final stress,
> Germanic pl. גולמאטן _golmatn_), a contraction of גולם _goylem_
> and אויטומאט
> _oytomat_ 'automat(on)', I assume.

What happened overnight?? For the first time I can see
not only LS characters but even Yiddish!

I haven't changed anything on my system. If nothing
changed at Ron's end then I can only assume my ISP
or someone else in between upgraded something!

Sandy
http://scotstext.org/