LL-L "Delectables" 2003.12.05 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Dec 5 16:11:58 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 05.DEC.2003 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Shirley Wyatt <ladyarabian at msn.com>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2003.12.04 (04) [E]

I make tweebak almost every other week.  My Mom eats them for breakfast with
ham on it.  I also eat them a lot.  I make the bread in my bread machine and
then slice it thinly and dry it in a low oven setting.
I'll include the recipe for those who might want to enjoy them again.
Tweebak
Into small saucepan, put 1 cup milk, 1/4 lb real butter (not margerine
although it can be used) 1/2 cup sugar and heat this so the butter is melted
and the sugar mixed in.  Then cool slightly, adding 1 beaten egg and 1 T
yeast (or 1 packet which we have in the US) and transfer to your bread
machine.  Add 3 - 3- 1/2 cups of flour.  Let the bread machine bake the
bread.  Then slice it thinly and dry in about a 200 degree F oven.  Enjoy.