LL-L "Names" 2003.02.08 (04) [E/S]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sat Feb 8 21:48:17 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 08.FEB.2003 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Klaus-Werner Kahl <kwkahl at bnet-ibb.de>

Hello Lowlanders,

Mostly in the years between the 14th and 16th century it was usefull in
Germany to take the surnames from the profession of the people or from
localities. For the spelling and the pronunciation has changed since that
time it is hard to find out the meaning of surnames.
I ask you for help to find out the meaning of the surname Legedeur. The
family with this name lived in the Emsland area which is in north west of
Germany. Now the family Legedeur lives in the Netherland.
I would appreciate your help!

Guëtgaon! Alles Gute! All the Best!

Klaus-Werner Kahl

www.plattdeutsch.net