LL-L "Software" 2003.02.09 (03) [D/E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sun Feb 9 18:21:01 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 09.FEB.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>
Subject: Etymology

Nou breekt mijn klomp!

Today I got all my lowland-emails right through, that
is the emails dated sat febr. 8.
All diacritics and special characters were right (I
think, and I did not change anything in my pc),
except in this quote, which is a rerendering and reply
on a other email:

Well, if it is to go on like this than heaven has
opened its golden gates for me, and Frau Holle is a
shining angel.

vr. gr. Theo Homan

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Software

Congratulations on being at the receiving end of an apparent miracle, Theo!

I, too, got gobbledigook in Klaus-Werner's message.  This sort of thing is
still bound to happen at least occasionally (due to differences in people's
encoding settings).  The main thing is that with time we will all be on the
same page and will be able to use and read an adequate range of characters.

Cheers!
Reinhard/Ron

P.S.: "Frau Holle, immä dolle!" (archaic Missingsch, meaning something like
"Frau Holle, keep on going at it!") is what we would chant as children when
it was snowing and we wanted it to snow more.