LL-L "Resources" 2003.02.15 (11) [E/S]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sun Feb 16 01:05:55 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 15.FEB.2003 (11) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: John M. Tait <jmtait at wirhoose.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2003.02.15 (01) [E/S]

Sandy wrate:

>Juist cos I'm cappernoitit disna mean I'm auld!

Niver thocht it for a meenit! I wis, o coorse, speakin aboot yer exemplar
mither wit an wallie (no the dug kynd!) lang-heidedness! Whit ither?

John M. Tait.

http://www.wirhoose.co.uk

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Folks,

Yesterday I wrote under "Language contacts":

> Also, I should have mentioned that Edward plans to add brief articles
about
> such influences in Icelandic, Slavic and Shetlandic.  Of course, similar
> articles about influences in Finnic and Baltic would be warmly welcomed if
> anyone volunteered to compose them.  Articles about other language contact
> situations would be happily received as well.

My apologies to you and Edward.  I had misunderstood Edward.  He had merely
referred to a short list of titles he had earlier sent me on the topics:

From: Sprachkontakt in der Hanse. Aspekte des Sprachausgleichs im Ostsee-
und Nordseeraum. Akten des 7. Internationalen Symposions uber
Sprachkontakt
in Europa, Lubeck 1986.
Heraus. von P. Sture Ureland.
Max Niemeyer Verlag, Tubingen, 1987.
ISBN: 3-484-30191-0.

Kaestner, Walter: "Mittelniederdeutsche Elemente in der polnischen und
kaschubischen Lexik". pp. 135-162.

Damme, Robert: "Westslavische Reliktworter im Stralsunder Vokabular". pp.
163-178.

Melchers, Gunnel: "On the Low German and Dutch Element in Shetland
Dialect".
pp. 295-316.

Raag, Raimo: "Mittelniederdeutsche und skandinavische Lehnworter im
Estnischen und Livischen". pp. 317-346.

In other words, articles about the mentioned topics are still up for grabs
(to be published at http://www.lowlands-l.net ).  Go for it, folks!