LL-L "Resources" 2003.01.07 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jan 7 16:51:24 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 07.JAN.2003 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: E Sproston <eds at nordictrans.plus.com>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2003.01.07 (01) [E]

Subject: Information on Low german (Plattdüütsch) epic poetry and
translation

Also, if there is a good number of translations into Low German and what are
the main publishing houses dealing with such translations.

Thank you all.

Eric Plourde
M.A. translation, University of Montreal

**

Hi Eric,

That's a good and original theme. I don't know if it's any interest, but I
ve a copy of "De Nibelungen: Fiedele Weltgeschicht op Platt" (Murd un
Dootslag be di Nibelungen; Gudrun - oder: von de Waschbuett op'n
Koenigsthron).

By Walter. A. Kreye (Leer: Verlag Schuster, 1970. ISBN: 3-7963-0019-7).
This can be obtained 2nd-hand, if it still isn't in print.

At this link, under the link "Verlag" there are links to many Platt
publishers:
http://www.plattnet.de/

Good luck!

Edward

From: E Sproston <eds at nordictrans.plus.com>

I should have mentioned too that Klaus Groth's poem "De Slacht bi
Hemmingstedt" is also almost epic in its proportions (and is certainly on a
higher plane than most of Groth's poems).

I'm hoping Ron will add it to his excellent Klaus Groth site when he gets
the time. Hint, hint, Ron! ;-)

Edward