LL-L "Virus" 2003.01.10 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Fri Jan 10 23:28:44 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 10.JAN.2003 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Virus

Lowlanders,

A really sneaky virus is afoot, and I want us all to be on the defensive.

Here is an excerpt from a message one of our networking people wrote:

<quote>
There is apparently an e-mail virus making its way through the campus
virus scanners.  Please delete any e-mail that you receive coming from
big at boss.com.  The message will have a generic subject line and an
attachment.
   I'm assuming that the virus scanners on our computers will not protect
you
against this since it is making its way through the campus virus-scanners
which are kept up to date so please do not open this mail/attachment.
</quote>

I have received one of those and deleted it.

Please be careful, everyone!  Do not, *ever*, open any attachments -- not
even those that look like they have been sent by people you know -- unless
you can be absolutely sure it is safe.  Also, do not send people attachments
without warning and explanation.