LL-L "Technica" 2003.07.11 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Jul 11 18:36:50 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 11.JUL.2003 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: kcaldwell31 at comcast.net <kcaldwell31 at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2003.07.11 (01) [E]

Ron,

For my own part, everything was okay until a few months ago.  Then, without
me changing any settings, I suddenly stopped getting any characters with
diacritics (I believe this occurred when you first had to switch servers).
Then with your most recent switch, everything started looking weird,
starting at a certain point in the header information, as indicated below:

At this point every message started looking funny, apparently because of the
diacritic mark.  It changed to an odd font that looked like comic book
lettering, with some weirdness thrown in, such as a musical "flat" sign for
the letter "b", etc.  Then it would change back to normal at the next letter
with a diacritic.

uws)

And now, with your most recent message, everything looks okay again and I
can read the diacritics!  How strange!

Kevin Caldwell (kcaldwell31 at comcast.net)

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Hi, Kevin!

Thanks for letting me know.

All that you described is what I expected.  There were a couple of
(explanable) hiccups in the transition, but now the system seems to be
working the way they are supposed to.