No subject

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Jul 12 16:31:38 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 11.JUL.2003 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Gary Taylor <gary_taylor_98 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Help needed

Hi Ron

For a while I was getting all the special characters
as they should be, but now they're coming through as
combinations of strange symbols. I need to convert to
unicode, but I am a complete computer dunce so I don't
know how to do this. My internet provider is AOL, but
my main email address is yahoo. Can someone take me
through this step by step. I've tried before, but
didn't really kow where to start looking. Sorry for
being a bit thick :(

Gary

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Oy, Gary, me mate!

> Sorry for being a bit thick :(

Agh, we love ya anyway.  :)  Besides, join the club!  Who knows everything
about everything?

Let others more knowledgeable than I help you in detail.  So much, though:
if you use Yahoo! and do so on the Web, open a LL-L message, and in your
browser go to "View" and change the encoding or language to "Unicode"
temporarily.  Your browser might need you to specify fonts for this
encoding.  This is where it gets more involved and others need to help.  If
you don't have a suitable font, you and I can "talk" ...

Cheers!