LL-L "Etymology" 2003.06.17 (02) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 17:56:30 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 17.JUN.2003 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2003.06.10 (05) [LS]

Moin Holger, Ron, leeve Lüü' , Lowlanners,

> From: Holger Weigelt <platt at holger-weigelt.de>
> Subject: "Etymology"
>
> > From: Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
> > Subject: Ethymology

> > dat Woord "oorig", meeint: (UG) "böse, schlimm", (E): "bad, evil".
> >
> > Mi dücht, door hangt de "Oorlog" ("Oor-" = "war"??) mit tauhaup; mööt wi
> > blaut noch ruutfinnen, wo dat Woorddeil "-log" von herkoomen deiht.
> >
> > Greutens
> >
> > Fiete.
> > (Friedrich W. Neumann)

<platt at holger-weigelt.de>:

Ues "oerig" is _moj_, wat, wat wel blîd mókt. Dor gift
> 't
> ok 'n hofdword tau: "oerigkaid".
> - Dat let so moj, dat is di 'n oerigkaid. -
> Enkelt lüü nütsen ok dat word "oerig" mit 'n bidüüden fan (düütsk)
> _sonderbar, eigenartig_.

(Some English following below)

"Oorig, woorig, chottsverdoorig"!

Miin Feller: (LS) "oorig" meeint woll (UG) "urig", (E) "originally",
koomt
Diin (F-LS) "oerig" tauneichst.

Mann- ick haa' r dennen Maut gonne: (LS) "woorig", dat "w" snackt ass 'n
Ingeltet "w" in (E) "weather" or "what" (kenn ick man jyst eben noch uut
miin Kinnerdoog'), meeint (UG) "[über]mächtig, beeindruckend, gewaltig",
(E)
"[al]mighty, impressious, powerful". Ick heff dreei Lüü' froogt, bitt
ick
dee Kuroosch haar, datt hier aff tausetten!
Mi dücht, datt is 'n interessant' Sook!

Unn'- (LS) "chotsverdoorig" (UG) "gottverdammt[?]", (E) "~goddamm' nd~"?

************************

(Some English, as promised)

My mistake (in relation to the original mail): (LS) "oorig" seems to
mean
(UG) "urig", (E) "originally", is near to Your  (F-LS) "oerig".

Well- I didn't have the courage to write: (LS) "woorig", the "w" spoken
like
the English "w" in "weather" or "what" (I just  have a slight remember
to my
childen days) is meaning (UG) "[über]mächtig, beeindruckend, gewaltig",
(E)
"[al]mighty, impressious, powerful". I had to interview three people to
find
the courage to set this here!
I find it to be [linguistcally] interesting!

And- what about (LS) "chotsverdoorig" (UG) "gottverdammt[?]", (E)
"~goddammn' ed~"?

Kumpelmenten, Greutens, regards:

Fiete.

Not Lucifer I fear,