LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.03.23 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Mon Mar 24 20:12:09 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 24.MAR.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: Administrativa

It happened to me a couple of times on this list:
When I send to the list text with characters with accent (as e.g. in
French), it happens that in the message distributed from the list server,
some but not all of these characters are erased.
Below a sample of what I have sent and what I received in return: the a with
accent grave disappeared between "est" et "plate"
This message was pasted into notepad before for being sure all characters
are "legal".

Thanks for explaining,

Roger

----- Original Message -- has the a with accent grave ---