LL-L "Attire" 2003.05.15 (10) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 21:38:58 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 15.MAY.2003 (10) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: globalmoose at t-online.de (Global Moose Translations)
Subject: LL-L "Gender" 2003.05.15 (07) [E]

Oh Sandy...
black mini, Scottish accent... what more could a woman want? This could
be
the beginning of a beautiful friendship, you know... :-)

Actually, I'm with Ron on the dress issue - I wish I were a man so I
could
wear one of two or three basic outfits for everything. It seems a lot
easier
to me if you're not expected to dress to "show off your assets" (yes, I
DID
put a "t" in that...).

When I was working at Intel in Hillsboro, Oregon, where the dress code
is
minimal to non-existent, there was a guy I sometimes saw in the
cafeteria
whom I found completely fascinating. He usually wore an ankle length
dress -
not a robe, a real dress - under a short military-style jacket. His head
was
shaved except for ten or twelve patches, where he had braids sticking
out
from his head every which way. It was fun to watch him in meetings and
serious conversations with all those conservatively dressed manager
types.
So - why not?

No hormone treatments please, we don't want to spoil all the fun.
All I really want is an excuse to drop all those silent "e"s in
French...

Gabriele Kahn