LL-L "Traditions" 2003.11.10 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 11 00:59:34 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.NOV.2003 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Reuben Epp <repp at silk.net>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2003.11.10 (04) [E]

Reuben Epp repp at silk.net replies to 'Traditions' 2003.11.10 (04)

 On Saturday, 8th of November, 2003
Jannie Lawn wrote:

> > From: Jannie Lawn <jannie.lawn at ntlworld.com>
> > Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2003.11.08 (07) [E]
> >
> > My comment: In English there are the song:
> > 'Ring-a-ring-a roses,
> > a pocket full of posies.
> > Hatischa, hatischa,
> > we all fall down'.
> > (Don't know the English spelling for 'hatischa', but that is what it
> sounds
> > like to my Dutch ears)
> >
> > Groeten, Jannie Lawn

Dear Lowlanders,

There are questions as to original wording of this Mother Goose
Rhyme about roses. Further information is available by searching
for Mother Goose Rhymes via 'google.'

Cheers!

Reuben Epp